For most artists, our work speaks for itself. However, in the world of “professional art” customers, buyers and collectors often like to know a little more about the artist.
When it comes to photography, I am self taught although I did take a few photography courses at university. I have university degrees in geography and environmental science, which fuel my love of nature and outdoor photography.
My work has won awards from professional photography associations and my images have appeared in several publications.
- M.A. Environmental Planning & Landscape Ecology (University of Manitoba) 1999
- B.A. (Honours Equivalent), Physical Geography (University of Winnipeg) 1995
- B.Sc. Environmental Studies, Parks Planning & Landscape Classification (University of Winnipeg) 1990
Photographic Credentials & Awards
- Master of Photographic Arts, 2022
- Canadian Photographic Artist of the Year, 2009
- Manitoba Photographer of the Year, 2015
- Manitoba Photographic Artist of the Year, 2012
- Manitoba Photographer of the Year, 2011
- Canadian Photographic Artist of the Year, Finalist 2010, 2022
- Craftsman of Photographic Arts (2010)
- Accreditation in Fine Art Photography and Stock Photography
- Many images in the Professional Photographers of Canada Loan Collection
- Best in Show PPOC National Image Salon – Experimental Image (2012, 2010)
- Best in Show PPOC National Image Salon – Fine Art Image (2009, 2011)
- Best in Show PPOC National Image Salon – Freestyle Image (2007)
- 17 Judges Choice Ribbons (National)
- Many awards at the Provincial Image Salons including the Nikon Capture Award 2005